Get involved to support global goals for sustainable development
This competition provides all students in the School of Management with an opportunity to compete at a professional level by demonstrating how organizations balance economic and sustainability goals and develop innovative solutions.
Global challenges – ranging from climate, water and food crises, to poverty, conflict and inequality – are in need of solutions that the private sector can deliver, representing a large and growing market for business innovation. In the rush to transform business models and systems for the future, integrity and values will have a huge role to play.– UN Global Compact
About the Competition
Our PRiME Competition is designed following the global PRME, Principles for Responsible Management Education, a platform that School of Management joined in 2015. PRME aligns academic institutions with the work of the UN Global Compact, a voluntary initiative based on CEO commitments to implement universal sustainability principles.
Benefits to Competing
- Earn cash rewards: Grand Prize: $700, 1st Place $500, 2nd Place $300, People's Choice: $700
- Be highlighted on the SOM PRiME webpages
- Receive a certificate of participation
- Add your participation in this event to your resume
- Be featured in the next SOM PRME Report
- Learn about PRiME and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) set by the United Nations and how you can be a part of the process!
- Opportunity to expand your professional network
Who can participate?
All undergraduate and graduate students from all programs and majors in the School of Management are invited to participate.
What are the important dates?
The competition will again be virtual this year. It will be online April 21-27th with the Awards Presentation live on ZOOM, April 28th, 6:00 p.m. (PDT), 2021.
Project submissions will be due by February 15th, 2021. (if questions, please contact Valeria Makarova at email@example.com)