PRiME Competition 2022
PRiME Competition is inspired by the Principles of Responsible Management Education (PRME), a worldwide initiative of the UN Global Compact to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure that all people enjoy peace and prosperity.
Students presented their class projects that support the global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Professors provided guidance to our students. Top managers who are experts in the sustainability field participated as judges, and the community voted for the People's Choice Award.
Together, we can shape a more sustainable future!
Sustainability Experts as Judges:
We were honored to present top managers in the sustainability field, who shared best practices from different industries and worked with us as judges in the competition:
Environment, Health, Safety, and Sustainability (EHSS) Manager
Founder & CEO
Hago Energetics, Inc.
City of Glendale
Competition Award Winners:
We proudly celebrated the participation of the students at the School of Management who presented projects addressing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
And the winners are...
Nike: A Sustainable Business Review
Author: Erik Swanson
Meals with Nutrition
Authors: Mercedes Collison, Alex Rivas, and Erick Cadena
Authors: Elizabeth Riker, Riley Mitchel, Alison Chisum
Economic Strategies when Faced with Climate Change and Environmental Regulations
Author: Nathan Hatia
Finalist Projects Presented:
36 projects were submitted with 12 selected as finalists for the competition. Each project required a written paper, SDGs-executive summary, video presentation, and Powerpoint/poster presentation for judges' review. The School of Management recognizes the participation of all the talented students in this competition.
- Climate Coffee. Sireen Moriarty, Ndungu Njoroge, Jose Hernandez
- Aldi. Julia Wright
- Meals with Nutrition. Mercedes Collison, Alex Rivas, Erick Cadena
- Economic Strategy when faced with Climate Change and Environmental Regulations. Nathan Hatia
- Nike: A Sustainable Business Review. Erik Swanson
- Adidas: Clean Water and Sanitation. Owen Ebner
- Savvy Student. Brooks Mallory, Tim Neibert, Cameron Mallory
- Selvyn. Elizabeth Riker, Riley Mitchel, Alison Chisum
- SPORTIDE. Kaylie Scofield, Tyler Verna, Janelle Effarah
- Food and Sustainability: Meat vs. Vegan. Cornelia Oswald, Sebastian Dernoscheg
- JetBlue's Sustainable Business Strategies. Brandon Perera
- Reimagining the Public Sector. Cassandra Sue Chavez
PRiME COMPETITION IMPACT
PRiME 2022 Global Footprint Competition Stats 1050 Voters 3150 Votes
"We believe that business can be a force for change and bring innovative solutions to global problems. Join us next year in PRiME Competition 2023."Valeria Makarova, PRME at SOM, Project Lead