Pre-College and Public Philosophy
More information about the importance of pre-college and public philosophy
- Why philosophy? Why now? Understanding the need for philosophy in schools (PDF)
- The Real Question Is, 'Why Not Pre-College Philosophy?'
- Center For Public Philosophy
- Practicing Public Philosophy (PDF)
- PLATO (Philosophy Learning and Teaching Organization) - the leader in pre-college philosophy
- What's the Big Idea? - introducing middle school students to philosophy through film
- Philosophy is a Great Major
- The Management Myth - If you want to succeed in business, don’t get an M.B.A. Study philosophy instead
- John Cleese Talking About Life and Philosophy - the infamous John Cleese (Monty Python) talking about philosophy
- Why Study Ethics? (PDF) (courtesy of The Prindle Institute for Ethics)
- University Data Science Programs Turn to Ethics and the Humanities (article)
- Article from Nature: An International Journal of Science - in this article we see one example of how philosophy and precision in language
is crucial in scientific investigation and theorizing
Other Resources & Articles
- HIPPO READS - a media platform that sits at the intersection of academic insights and real world issues
- Thinker Analytix - an online course for 'argument mapping'
- Philosophers & Philosophical Organizations on Twitter
- HI-PHI NATION - a podcast about philosophy
- History of Philosophy Without Any Gaps - a podcast that takes listeners through the history of philosophy, "without any gaps." The series looks at the ideas, lives, and historical context of the major philosophers as well as the lesser-known figures of the tradition.
- The History of (Western) Philosophy: Summarized & Visualized - an amazing visual representation of the history of western philosophy