For 2018, the Freshman Seminar text is Teach Yourself How to Learn by Saundra McGuire. Faculty will also have an accompanying book, Teach Students How to Learn, also by Saundra McGuire.
First year students may pick up their copy of the reading at the Student Union front desk.
For questions, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Past Seminar Readings
- 2017: Common Theme of the 500th Anniversary of the Reformation in lieu of of a traditional text
- 2016: Masha Hamilton, 31 Hours; Mark Lynas, Six Degrees
- 2015: Tim O'Brien, The Things They Carried
- 2014: Morten Lauridsen, Waldron Island Reflections
- 2013: Peter Balakian, Black Dog of Fate
- 2012: Rodes Fishburne, Going to See the Elephant
- 2011: Sonia Nazario, Enrique's Journey
- 2010: Kao Kalia Yang, The Latehomecomer
- 2009: Tim O'Brien, The Things They Carried
- 2008: Julie Otsuka, When the Emperor was Divine
- 2007: Jonathan Safron Foer, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
Past Works by Faculty
- 2016: Play done by Michael Arndt, Under Fire.