Graduate and Professionals Clubs and Organizations
2017-2018 Recognized Clubs and Organizations
Graduate School of Psychology Student Council
- Club Advisor: Cuauhtemoc Solorio
- Description: The Graduate School of Psychology Student Council (GSOPSC) is to be established to serve as the voice of the Graduate School of Psychology student body to both the GSOP administration and in University relations. Additionally, the GSOPSC aims to build a sense of community among the students in the GSOP by hosting mixers or other social events and shall work to provide students with professional development opportunities such as networking events or speakers. Furthermore, the GSOPSC intends to reach out to students, with a potential monthly newsletter that would update students on GSOP happenings as well as current events in the field of psychology.
- Club President: Ishanjit Singh Badwal
- Club Advisor: Dr. Virginia Ilie
- Description: IT club is an initiative of School of Management which is open for any student pursuing a graduate or a undergraduate degree at Cal Lutheran. This club will encourage students to contribute towards the IT field and will provide good networking opportunity to the students.
Human Resources/PIRHA Club
- Club President: Darryl Balcom
- Club Advisor: Loredana Carson
- Description: The purpose of this club is to connect students who are interested in human resources
as a career or as a field of study. By forming a student chapter of PIRHA students
will be connected with professionals who can serve as mentors and guides or sounding
boards and can advise on career options in the human resource profession.
While the group is being formed by graduate students in the School of Management, we will be pleased to accept undergraduates of any major who are interested in exploring careers in human resources.
For more information, please see the PIRHA website:
Pacific Lutheran Theological Seminary Student Association
The PLTS Student Association seeks to lift up the interests and concerns of all PLTS seminarians; to encourage the full participation of seminarians in the PLTS community; and to affirm the diversity of the Seminarian Body as it enriches the ministry of this institution. For more information, visit the PLTS Student Association website.
PsyD Student Council
- Club President: Brandon Heimberg
- Club Advisor: Dr. Jennifer Twyford
- Description: The California Lutheran PsyD Student Council is a multipurpose organization that exists to enhance the PsyD program. On behalf on the PsyD program students, the Council serves as a voice and acts as a liaison between the students, faculty, the Cal Lutheran administration, and the community. Additionally, PsyD Student Council organizes opportunities that promote student growth and interaction, demonstrates civic responsibility and community outreach, and promotes the welfare of the student body.
2017-2018 New Club Applications
Are you a graduate and/or Professionals student who is interested in creating a student
club or organization?
If so, you can apply for club recognition and funding for the 2017-2018 academic year by accessing the application on this website.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling deadline and will be considered by the GPSC in the order in which they are received.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email Jaime Faucher, the GPSC Advisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.