4 to Finish FAQs

Who qualifies?

The 4 To Finish Graduation Guarantee Program is open to all full-time freshmen undergraduate students.

How do I enroll?

Submit your signed graduation guarantee agreement form to the Registrar's Office by the end of the first month after matriculation.

Are transfer students eligible?

No, because as a transfer student you'll want to finish in less than four years. Please visit our transfer student page to review graduation requirements for transfer students.

When do I have to declare a major?

You'll need to declare a major by the end of the third semester after enrolling at Cal Lutheran. Science and Liberal Studies majors need to declare a major in the first semester.

If you choose to change majors after the third semester, you must ensure the requirements of the new major will still be completed in four years. The guarantee will only cover completion of a single major in a single degree.

What do I have to do to graduate in four years?

Once you've enrolled, you'll meet with your faculty advisor at least once per semester to review and approve your academic plan. The plan will cover at least two school years and be completed using the academic planning function in the student portal called WebAdvisor.

What if a class isn't available?

Notify the evaluator in the Registrar's Office prior to the beginning of classes in any semester if it appears that graduation may be delayed due to course unavailability.

Do I need to take summer classes?

Summer classes can be helpful to facilitate graduation in four years, but it is not a requirement.

What if I meet the requirements but can't graduate on time?

If timely graduation is delayed due to course unavailability, we may substitute an alternative course. If substitution is not possible, then we will develop a reasonable academic alternative. If there is no other alternative, then Cal Lutheran will waive tuition and any mandatory fees for the course(s) in the next academic year.


If you don't find an answer here, please contact the Admissions Office at (805) 493-3135 or admissions@CalLutheran.edu.

Ready to Enroll?

If you're a current student you can enroll in the program by visiting the Registrar's Office.