PRiME Competition 2021
For the third year, we brought the vision and spirit of the global Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME) into our local school-wide initiative aiming to build awareness of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through our School of Management PRiME Competition!
Our PRiME Competition is part of the Cal Lutheran Festival of Scholars Week which stands for excellence in teaching and learning where we proudly showcase our students’ work. Traditionally, students showcase their projects in-person, however, again this year due to the global crisis caused by Covid-19 we presented the competition virtually bringing the same level of competition, quality of projects and judging for the students! We are proud to say we significantly increased our worldwide exposure by more than doubling our voters who participated in the People's Choice Award virtual voting!
PRiME Competition Awards Ceremony on ZOOM
Cindy Keitel, Community Relations Coordinator at Cal Lutheran and an MBA program alumna
We are proud of all of those who participated – students, professors, judges, those who reviewed the projects and voted in the People’s Choice award. Everyone made it a special event. And the award winners are...
Authors: Anna Gallo, Alexa Macaluso, Melissa Wasylewski (BS in Accounting)
Author: Anne Wittig (MS in Financial Planning)
Autodesk: Sustainability, Automation, and Digitization:
Author: Emily Crosby
Authors: Emily Esserman, Gabriel Geesey, Clara Logan, Jorge Membreno
Author: Erin Niemi
Each project required a written paper, SDGs-executive summary, video presentation and Powerpoint/poster presentation for judges review. 25 projects were submitted with 14 selected as finalists for the competition.
- Autodesk: Sustainability, Automation, and Digitization: Emily Crosby
- Beginning to Save: Rationality, Financial Knowledge, and Saving Behavior: Anne Wittig
- Blank Canvas: Karie Wu, Erica Cornelius, and Billy Fiore
- Connapp: The Mobile Phone Communication App: Claudia Felsberger, Melanie Leber, Sabrina Koch, Valeria Boeckel
- Dual Language Programs in the Oxnard School District and Ventura County: Leslie Madrigal
- Leading Ladies: Anna Gallo, Alexa Macaluso, Melissa Wasylewski
- The Conflict on Water: Northern California Farmers Perceptions of the Sustainable Groundwater Management Act: Hope Ramos
- The REDO Project: Pravalika Gurram
- The Triple Bottom Line: Sustainability in Business: Nicholas Carrillo
- Utopia: Emily Esserman, Gabriel Geesey, Clara Logan, Jorge Membreno
- Words for the World: Corealle Locey, Siqi Luo, Gitika Bowry
- Yalla - Palestinian Student Leaders: Changing Live Through Leadership Development: Tamar Haddad, Kassandra Diaz, Katelin Jamal, Devon Pesantes, Matt Miller
- Simply Vegan: Allison Payne, Connor McDermott, Brandon Link
- LGBTQ+ Inclusivity in Education: Erin Niemi
PRiME COMPETITION IMPACT
PRiME 2021 Global Footprint Competition Stats 1652 Voters 4956 Votes 6 Continents
People's Choice Award
Words for the World
Authors: Corealle Locey, Siqi Luo, Gitika Bowry