Campus Conduct Hotline
As part of our University's effort to promote a learning environment that is both safe and hospitable, we provide access to a service called Campus Conduct Hotline ©. It is designed to minimize any apprehension you may have and make it possible for you to report concerns about issues or behaviors that pose a risk to Cal Lutheran or its students, staff, or faculty.
Examples of what can be reported are, but not limited to:
- Fraud or crime
- Sexual Harassment
- Safety or facility risk issues
- Security and internet policy abuse
- Violations of the Employee or Student Handbook
- Workplace hostility, including threats, both oral and written
- At risk students, staff, or faculty
- Grade Tampering
- Fraudulent financial or business practices
- Other questionable behavior
The system is available for your use around the clock, seven days a week. Because the Hotline is operated by an independent organization, any calls made through this Hotline are completely confidential and anonymous. Using this new reporting service is easy. If you have a question or concern about a possible violation of our Code of Ethics, employment policies, or information that involving a situation that could cause harm to other, simply dial toll-free (866) 943-5787.
How to use it
Once you have dialed the toll-free number, here is how the reporting and follow-up processes work:
- Your call will be greeted promptly and courteously by a person who makes certain you understand the Campus Conduct Hotline © program and how it functions. If you prefer to make your report in a language other than English, just let the person who answers know and they will arrange for a translator to participate.
- At the beginning of the interview, you will be provided with a five digit, randomly generated case number that you should use to check back for updates and requests for additional information. Be sure to write this number down and remember where you put it!
- You will then be interviewed about the question or concern that is on your mind.
- Your interview will not be recorded. Instead, the interviewer will be typing notes of your conversation. Whether or not you choose to provide your name is completely up to you.
- Within one business-day of your call, a summary of the interview will be forwarded to our institution. Our goal will be to have a basic response back to you in five business days.
- To receive your response, you will need to call back and provide the five digit case number that has been assigned to you. At that time, you might be asked to provide additional information or to call back at a later date. You will be able to keep checking back for updates until your case is closed.
Because of the built-in confidentiality, it is important that you try to be as specific as possible about the information you provide. For example, it will be helpful to know the name of the department you work in/residence hall you live in and the location of the activity you are calling about. And, please be sure to call back in five business days to check to see if any additional information is needed. Alternatively, if you would like someone to contact you directly, you can leave your name along with a phone number where and when you would prefer to be called.
To repeat, at no time is any caller required to identify himself or herself and all information provided can be completely confidential and anonymous.
We are committed to maintaining the highest ethical standards in our workplace. If you experience or observe what you believe is inappropriate behavior and are unsure what to do, we hope you will use the hotline to report it. Of course, this "hotline" does not replace any one's ability to directly report matters of concern to the University in the many ways available to all members of the campus community as specified in faculty, administrative, and student handbooks.