How to Apply
Students with a bachelor's degree in psychology or a related major and students with a master's degree in psychology or a related major may apply. Students will need to demonstrate their abilities to succeed in a doctoral level program through GPA (3.0 or better or overall graduate school GPA of 3.5 or better at the time of the degree posting), GRE scores, research experience, and experience in the field.
Students who have been admitted to the PsyD Program will need to submit the Intent to Enroll form as well as the enrollment deposit by April 15th.
Students who have been placed on the waitlist for the PsyD Program should hear from the program by the end of April.
- Complete and submit the application online.
- Two (2) Recommendation Forms-list recommenders name and contact information in your application.
- Official transcripts from all regionally accredited 4-year colleges and universities
attended and any graduate work. Official transcripts must be ordered and sent directly
to Cal Lutheran via certified e-transcript or mail. We recommend e-transcript if available at your institution.
By email: By mail:
If a selection list is available please choose: California Lutheran University
California Lutheran University 60 West Olsen Road, #2200
or use the following email address Thousand Oaks, CA 91360-2700
for direct entry: email@example.com
- Official transcripts from college/university where prerequisite courses were completed must also be sent
- International applicants are required to submit a sealed evaluated transcript from an approved evaluation agency.
Log in to your Application Portal after submission of your completed application in order to upload or fill out remaining application materials.
- Statement of Purpose - Applicants are to review the PsyD Program philosophy available on the website, and illustrate how the program’s philosophy fits with your own personal or professional objectives.
- Resume or CV
- Clinical Experience Form
- Research Experience Form
- Prerequisite form - Applicants are required to have at least 3 credit hours of statistics with a grade of B or higher preferred and an additional 12 hours of undergraduate or graduate psychology courses. Courses must have been completed within the last 7 years.
- GRE General Test Scores
- GRE Psychology test scores-recommended but not required
- $25.00 Online application fee (Fee waivers provided to applicants who attend an Info Session)
- Optional-call 805-493-3325 to schedule a phone or walk-in admission appointment