How to Apply
Students with a bachelor's degree in psychology or a related major and students with a master's degree in psychology or a related major may apply. Students will need to demonstrate their abilities to succeed in a doctoral level program through GPA (3.0 or better or overall graduate school GPA of 3.5 or better at the time of the degree posting), GRE scores, research experience, and experience in the field.
The Priority deadline for the following Fall Semester is December 1st. Applications received after the December 1st deadline will be considered if there is still space available in the cohort. Interviews for the Fall 2019 cohort are scheduled for January 30, 2019 and February 1, 2019 with admittance decisions mailed out by the end of February.
- Complete and submit the application online.
- Two (2) Recommendation Forms-list recommenders name and contact information in your application.
- Request your official transcripts from all 4 year colleges and universities attended
and any graduate work
- By mail: Graduate Admissions, California Lutheran University, 60 West Olsen Road #2200, Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
- By electronic copy: Electronic transcripts can be sent directly from your previous institution to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official transcripts from college/university where prerequisite courses were completed must also be sent
- International applicants are required to submit a sealed evaluated transcript from an approved evaluation agency.
Log in to your Application Portal after submission of your completed application in order to upload or fill out remaining application materials.
- Statement of Purpose - Applicants are to review the PsyD Program philosophy available on the website, and illustrate how the program’s philosophy fits with your own personal or professional objectives.
- Resume or CV
- Clinical Experience Form
- Research Experience Form
- Prerequisite form - Applicants are required to have at least 3 credit hours of statistics with a grade of B or higher preferred and an additional 12 hours of undergraduate or graduate psychology courses. Courses must have been completed within the last 7 years.
- GRE General Test Scores
- GRE Psychology test scores-recommended but not required
- $25.00 Online application fee (Fee waivers provided to applicants who attend an Info Session)
- Optional-call 805-493-3325 to schedule a phone or walk-in admission appointment