How to Apply
Students with a bachelor's degree in psychology or a related major and students with a master's degree in psychology or a related major may apply. Students will need to demonstrate their abilities to succeed in a doctoral level program through GPA, GRE scores, research experience and experience in the field.
The Priority deadline for the following Fall Semester is December 1st. Applications received after the December 1st deadline will be considered if there is still space available in the cohort. Interviews typically occur late January through early February, with admittance decisions mailed out by mid-February.
The PsyD program will consider students when the following requirements have been met:
- Completed Application
- Overall undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or better or overall graduate school GPA of 3.5 or better
- GRE General Exam: Cal Lutheran's GRE school code is 4088. For more information please visit the GRE website at http://www.ets.org/gre. GRE test scores are valid for five years after the test administration date.
- Official Transcripts
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Purpose: Essay stating how the PsyD Program's philosophy fits with the applicant's goals for pursuing a doctoral degree
- Clinical Experience Form
- Research Experience Form
- Two Letters of Recommendation: Must be professional or academic references
- Prerequisite Requirement Form: At least 3 credit hours of statistics with a grade of B or higher preferred and an additional 12 hours of undergraduate or graduate psychology courses. Courses must have been completed within the last 7 years.
- Interview (for those invited)
- Writing Sample (completed at interview)