Call For Papers
Do you love history? Have you ever wanted to have publish your work? Well, now is your chance!
Submit to The Scribe of the Ages, Cal Lutheran's own history academic journal. This year our Phi Alpha Theta chapter annually publishes an online academic history journal for undergraduates! This is a student written, student edited and faculty advised journal that is published online every May. The paper can be from a current or past semester. You do not need to be a Phi Alpha Theta member to submit. You do not even need to be a history major or minor.
What can you submit?
- Primary Source Analysis
- Thesis/research paper
- Book reviews
- Historical movie reviews
- Have something else you want to submit? Just ask!
- Submission Deadline All papersmust be submitted by February for consideration for that year's volume. Please email submissions to Dr. David Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “The Scribe” in the subject line.
- Acceptance of Proposals A student editorial board will review submitted papers and notify the authors if their work has been tentatively accepted for publication. Originality, quality of writing, and content of papers will be considered in the review and approval process. The editorial board may request the author to make revisions before it is officially accepted for publication.
Papers should be submitted electronically as a single MS Word Document in the following format:
- Cover Page, with Title of paper, author’s name and contactinformation, name of professor and course for which paperwas originally written.
- Paperis to be double-spaced, 12-point Times New Roman font.
- Citation is to follow Chicago Manual of Style, using footnotes and Bibliography.
- See https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/717/01/ for description.
We look forward to your submissions.
Questions may be addressed to:
- Faculty Advisor, Dr. David Nelson