How will I know if I am eligible to participate?
Degree candidates for November 2018, December 2018, February 2019, May 2019, and August 2019 are eligible to participate in the May 2019 Commencement ceremony.
Completion of degree requirements next Fall (2019) will place you on the May 2020 Commencement list.
To be considered for participation in the 2019 Commencement ceremony, graduate students must have met the 3.0 grade point average minimum requirement at CLU before Spring 2019. Students planning to complete requirements by Summer 2019 and who meet the minimum grade point average requirements prior to the spring term, may be listed as candidates for their degree for the May 2019 ceremony. August candidates should normally be within 6-8 credits of completion of the requirements after the spring term and must be pre-registered for summer school at CLU by March 15, 2019 to be eligible for the May 2019 ceremony.
All students planning to graduate in the summer of 2019 and walk in the May 2019 commencement ceremony are required to take all summer courses at CLU. If students opt to take summer courses outside of CLU, they will not be eligible for the 2019 ceremony. If required courses are not offered at CLU in the summer, the student will not be allowed to walk; therefore, students must plan accordingly when registering for the Spring 2019 semester.
Apply to Graduate:
If you haven't already done so, it's time to take the necessary steps to file for degree candidacy. The Commencement ceremony in May is a celebration of the many years of dedicated hard work that you have spent on your college education. However, participating in the ceremony in May does not necessarily mean that you have completed the degree requirements. Your degree will not be posted until you have finished all requirements.
A $100.00 Application for Degree fee must be paid when you apply for your degree. This amount includes your diploma and first official transcript. There will be a $25 late fee for missing the priority deadline of October 1st for May graduation. Log into https://commerce.cashnet.com/CLUREG to pay the graduation fee.
Below is the pathway to the online graduation application.
- Log onto your MyCLU
- Click on WebAdvisor
- Click on Students
- Under Academic Planning, Click on Student Planning
- In the upper left-hand corner, under Academics, click on Graduation Overview
- Under Program of Study, click on Apply and fill out form
- Order Commencement Ceremony tickets beginning February 4 and no later than March 29. Six (6) tickets per graduating student. (See Link under Tickets)
We are excited to announce that we will be displaying your name across the jumbotron when you cross the stage. We are also prerecording the reading of the names at commencement this year, with the hope, that everyone’s name can be pronounced correctly. Please find the directions under Name Pronunciation.
- October 1 - Priority Deadline to Apply for May Graduation.
- February 4 - Commencement Tickets Available
- March 15 - Last Day to Apply to Participate in Commencement Ceremony and Be Included in Program
- March 29 - Last Day to Claim Tickets; Last Day to Submit any changes to Name in Program
- April 17 - Ticket Appeal Deadline.
- Any application received after 5 pm on May 1, 2019 will not be eligible to participate in the ceremony.