Frequently Asked Questions

Do you have a question that was not addressed here? E-mail the Credential Analyst at


Where can I get a credential application ?
You can find applications here.

What do I do if I have lost my credential or my official test score reports (CBEST, CSET, RICA)?
Credentials are no longer printed and mailed by the CTC. Official verification is documented on theCTC Online Services for Educators website. If you need copies of official test score reports, go to the CBEST, CSET or RICA web sites to order a copy of the results.


If I pass the edTPA, do I need to continue attending my clinical practice placement?
Yes you need to continue attending all courses and your clinical practice placement, up to the end of the semester, since the edTPA is one of many requirements required for a teacher candidate to pass in order to be formally recommended for a teaching credential.


How do I get to the Graduate School of Education at Cal Lutheran?
From the Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley area, take the 101 North to the Lynn Road exit. Turn right and continue approximately 3 miles to Avenida de los Arboles. Turn right and go to first stop sign (Mountclef Street). Turn left at Mountclef, and make the first left onto Faculty Street. Turn at the first right onto Regent Street. On your left will be a small parking lot with visitors spaces closest to the building. The Graduate School of Education is located in the two-story brick and glass building you will see as you enter the parking lot.

From the Moorpark, Simi Valley area, take the 23 Freeway South and exit at Olsen Road. Turn right and continue past Moorpark Road to Mountclef Street. Turn left at Mountclef, continue to Memorial Parkway, turn right. Turn left at Regent Street (first left). Go almost to the end of the street and just before you get to the end, turn right into the small parking lot. From here, follow directions above.

From the Camarillo, Oxnard, Ventura area, take the 101 Freeway South, exit Lynn Road and turn left. Follow directions above.

What are the Graduate School of Education hours? Is the office closed in the summer?
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday.  Closed from 11:15 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. on Thursdays for chapel, and for lunch daily. The office is open all year long with the exception of Martin Luther King Jr.'s Birthday, President's Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and the following Friday, and approximately one week between Christmas and New Year's.

I have questions about my program. Who do I contact?
For any academic question, always check with your advisor. Schedule an appointment by calling 805-493-3421.

Where can I take the required CPR course?
Go to Adult, Child, Infant CPR.

I am applying for a teaching or service position out-of-state. I need verification of my credential eligibility. Who do I contact?
The Credential Analyst provides this verification. Click here for more information.

Can I apply for an internship credential before I am officially admitted or if I am granted provisional admission?
No. One of the CTC requirements for a university internship is admission to a program. You must have received a letter stating that you have been admitted (full status) along with meeting certain CTC requirements before you can submit an internship credential application. Please contact the Credential Analyst for more information at 805-493-3425.

I am completing employment applications that ask if I am NCLB-compliant or have CLAD. How do I know if I have these things?
If the renewal codes on your credential are "R14I" or "R14S," it was issued based on SB 2042 requirements. This means the credential itself is evidence that you are NCLB-compliant, and that you have English Learner Authorization, and do not need CLAD.


Multiple Subject credentials with renewal codes "R14R" or "R14T" must say "Authorized Field: General Subjects (examination)" for NCLB-compliancy, Single Subject credentials with these renewal codes are considered NCLB-compliant. Both of these types of credentials must state "Emphasis: Cross-cultural Language and Academic Development" or contain wording in the renewal code that the holder is authorized to teach English learners.

Employment applications sometimes do not keep up with current situations in regard to credentials and compliancy verification.

I submitted my application to the Credentials Office several weeks ago. Why haven't I received notification of credential issuance?

After the Credential Analyst submits the electronic credential recommendation, you automatically receive an e-mail notification to the address you provided on your application. The e-mail includes a URL and instructs you to go to that site, complete the online application and pay the CTC application fee. Until you complete this part of the process, your credential cannot be issued. 


Do you have a question that was not addressed here? E-mail the CredentialOffice at