Paths to Professionalism 2021
Wednesday, March 3, 2021
5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Once again this year we held our Paths to Professionalism event with the theme on how career paths are not a straight line and how they are unique to each individual. School of Management students led the way through thier leadership in hosting the event, moderating the energetic panel of professionals and awarding the raffle prizes. We had a great response with 110+ students registering.
What students gained by attending:
- Got answers to thier career questions
- Networked with panelists'and made connections with alumni, who recently entered the
working world, through small group breakout rooms. Alums that work in areas of finance,
marketing, accounting, sales, and HR.
List of Alumni that attended
- Got a realistic view of the job search environment
- Gained tips in preparing for the Career & Intern Expo
All Cal Lutheran students were welcome to attend. Those that attended were entered into a raffle for gift cards from Urbane Cafe and Chick-fil-A, subscription to Pacific Coast Business Times and VectorVest and School of Management swag!
5:00 p.m. - Welcome by student host, Bridget Caffrey
5:05 p.m. - Dean's Welcome by Gerhard Apfelthaler
5:10 p.m. - Moderated Panel Discussion by student moderator, Makenna Alter
5:50 p.m. - Panel Question and Answer from student audience
6:30 p.,m - Breakout Rooms with recent graduates at virtual tables (network and ask questions)
6:55 p.m. - Raffle Drawing by student host, Kelvin Hau Canche
Cal Lutheran alumnus '09 in Business Administration, works in the finance and development area as Vice President of Development at SeaGlass Hospitality
Rob worked in marketing and publicity at Walt Disney World and is currently President, COO of Mars City Design
Cal Lutheran alumna '11 in Business Management, works in the accounting area as a Senior Accountant for PBS Biotech
- Janet Bava, Chief Marketing Officer,AmaWaterways River Cruises
- Yuliana Gonzalez, Executive Director, Camarillo Hotel & Tourism Association
- Mark Davis, President and CEO,Sun Hill Properties LLC, Hillcrest Real Estate LLC and DBA Hilton LA Universal City
- Warren Spieker, Managing Partner, Continuing Life
- Karen Boublis, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, Founder and Principal Consultant, HR Business Solutionz
- Daren Dickerson, Chief Financial Offer, Shield Heathcare
- Grace Martinez, MBA - Deputy of Operations for Advanced Electronic Warfare Technologies, Naval Air Warfare Center, Pt. Mugu
- Alan Cohen, MBA - Chief Marketing Officer, Consultant
- Payal Kamdar, GISP, PMP, OCP, Six Sigma Green Belt, CSM - CEO and Founder, VSolvit, LLC
Watch 2016 and 2017 Paths to Professionalism events
- Primo Custodio - Vice President, Human Resources, Operations and Technical Services (rt. 2016), NBCUniversal
- Cynthia Kiefer - President and founder, Zmatches.com
- Jim Howard - Managing partner and founder, Progression REI
- Susan Smuck, Human Resources Professional and Chair of Cal Lutheran Board of Regents
- Sabina Shaikh, V.P. Worldwide Strategic Alliances, Salesforce
- Sue Coakley, Marketing Leader, Acquisition & Retention, Symantec Corp.