Paths to Professionalism
Do you think your destiny is determined by your major? Are you worried you only have one career path to follow? Not sure what you want your career to be in? Find out from a panel of professionals just how straight or curvy your path can be.
Each Spring, for over 25 years, this event has been a popular annual learning experience. (It's one that you don't want to miss out on!). School of Management students lead the way through their leadership in hosting the event, moderating the energetic panel of professionals, and awarding raffle prizes.
What you can gain by attending:
- Get answers to your career questions
- Network with panelists and make connections with alumni who recently entered the working
world, through small group breakout rooms. See list of alumni here.
- Get a realistic view of the job search environment
- Gain tips in preparing for the Cal Lutheran Career & Intern Expo
All Cal Lutheran students are welcome to attend. Those attending are entered into a raffle to win School of Management swag!
Watch Past Events
- Jonathon Dong, Financial Reporting Analyst, The Walt Disney Company
- Celeste Gehring, Owner and Entrepreneur, Visionary Building
- Ted Glick, Vice President of Premium Hospitality, Washington Commanders (NFL)
- Jackie Jones, Executive Marketing Director, Salesforce Practice at Slalom
2022 Student Hosts
Event Host: Ryan Douglas (Co-President, Sports Management Club)
Panel Moderator: Andrea Linette Villasenor (Co-President, Women in Business Club)
Raffle Coordinator: Brissa Castaneda (Co-President, Women in Business Club)
- Rob Machado, President and COO, Mars City Design
- Marc Francois, Business Administration Alumnus '09, Vice President of Development, SeaGlass Hospitality
- Gabby Ramirez, Business Management Alumna '11, Senior Accountant, PBS Biotech
- Janet Bava, Chief Marketing Officer,AmaWaterways River Cruises
- Yuliana Gonzalez, Executive Director, Camarillo Hotel & Tourism Association
- Mark Davis, President and CEO,Sun Hill Properties LLC, Hillcrest Real Estate LLC and DBA Hilton LA Universal City
- Warren Spieker, Managing Partner, Continuing Life
- Karen Boublis, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, Founder and Principal Consultant, HR Business Solutionz
- Daren Dickerson, Chief Financial Offer, Shield Heathcare
- Grace Martinez, MBA - Deputy of Operations for Advanced Electronic Warfare Technologies, Naval Air Warfare Center, Pt. Mugu
- Alan Cohen, MBA - Chief Marketing Officer, Consultant
- Payal Kamdar, GISP, PMP, OCP, Six Sigma Green Belt, CSM - CEO and Founder, VSolvit, LLC
Watch 2016 and 2017 Paths to Professionalism events
- Primo Custodio - Vice President, Human Resources, Operations and Technical Services (rt. 2016), NBCUniversal
- Cynthia Kiefer - President and founder, Zmatches.com
- Jim Howard - Managing partner and founder, Progression REI
- Susan Smuck, Human Resources Professional and Chair of Cal Lutheran Board of Regents
- Sabina Shaikh, V.P. Worldwide Strategic Alliances, Salesforce
- Sue Coakley, Marketing Leader, Acquisition & Retention, Symantec Corp.