Paths to Professionalism 2021
Wednesday, March 3, 2021
5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Career paths are not a straight line. Yours will be as unique to you as you are to the world. Join us to:
- Attend to get answers to your career questions
- Network and make connections with panelist's and alumni who recently entered the working
world. We'll have small group breakout rooms with alums who work in areas of finance,
marketing, accounting, sales, HR and more.
REVIEW LIST OF ALUMNI: Name, Title, Company
- Get a realistic view of the job search environment
- Prepare for the Career & Intern Expo
All Cal Lutheran students are welcome. Get involved and engage with our energetic panelists and talk to recent graduates who all want to help you find your path to career success.
Attend and be entered into a raffle: gift cards from Urbane Cafe or Chick-fil-A, subscription to Pacific Coast Business Times or VectorVest and School of Management swag!
5:00 p.m. - Welcome by student host, Bridget Caffrey
5:05 p.m. - Dean's Welcome by Gerhard Apfelthaler
5:10 p.m. - Moderated Panel Discussion by student moderator, Makenna Alter
5:50 p.m. - Panel Question and Answer from student audience
6:30 p.,m - Breakout Rooms with recent graduates at virtual tables (network and ask questions)
6:55 p.m. - Raffle Drawing by student host, Kelvin Hau Canche
Mariella works in the marketing area as Senior VicePresident, Global Marketing Operations; Universal Parks & Resorts, Orlando, FL
Cal Lutheran alumnus '09 in Business Administration, works in the finance and development area as Vice President of Development at SeaGlass Hospitality
Cal Lutheran alumna '11 in Business Management, works in the accounting area as a Senior Accountant for PBS Biotech
- Janet Bava, Chief Marketing Officer,AmaWaterways River Cruises
- Yuliana Gonzalez, Executive Director, Camarillo Hotel & Tourism Association
- Mark Davis, President and CEO,Sun Hill Properties LLC, Hillcrest Real Estate LLC and DBA Hilton LA Universal City
- Warren Spieker, Managing Partner, Continuing Life
- Karen Boublis, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, Founder and Principal Consultant, HR Business Solutionz
- Daren Dickerson, Chief Financial Offer, Shield Heathcare
- Grace Martinez, MBA - Deputy of Operations for Advanced Electronic Warfare Technologies, Naval Air Warfare Center, Pt. Mugu
- Alan Cohen, MBA - Chief Marketing Officer, Consultant
- Payal Kamdar, GISP, PMP, OCP, Six Sigma Green Belt, CSM - CEO and Founder, VSolvit, LLC
Watch 2016 and 2017 Paths to Professionalism events
- Primo Custodio - Vice President, Human Resources, Operations and Technical Services (rt. 2016), NBCUniversal
- Cynthia Kiefer - President and founder, Zmatches.com
- Jim Howard - Managing partner and founder, Progression REI
- Susan Smuck, Human Resources Professional and Chair of Cal Lutheran Board of Regents
- Sabina Shaikh, V.P. Worldwide Strategic Alliances, Salesforce
- Sue Coakley, Marketing Leader, Acquisition & Retention, Symantec Corp.