Paths to Professionalism
Wednesday, March 13, 2019
7:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
Join a distinguished panel of professionals to learn about what defines you as a professional, challenges of the business environment, and first impressions.
If you are approaching graduation, this is a must-attend event, but all students are welcome. Get involved, interact with our panelists and engage with one another! Find your path to career success.
The March 13th event runs from 7:30 a.m. to 9 a.m.
(See the agenda below.)
Continental Breakfast will be available.
Business casual attire is required.
FREE REGISTRATION OPENS FEBRUARY 2019
Discussions on topics such as:
- What defines you as a professional?
- Challenges in the business environment
- First impressions - What makes a candidate appear suitable or not?
7:30 a.m. - Continental Breakfast
7:45 a.m. - Convocation
7:50 a.m. - Welcome
8:00 a.m. - Introduction to Panel Speakers
8:20 a.m. - Panel Question and Answer
8:55 a.m. - Conclusion and Adjournment
2018 Panelists included:
- Grace Martinez, MBA - Deputy of Operations for Advanced Electronic Warfare Technologies, Naval Air Warfare Center, Pt. Mugu
- Alan Cohen, MBA - Chief Marketing Officer, Consultant
- Payal Kamdar, GISP, PMP, OCP, Six Sigma Green Belt, CSM - CEO and Founder, VSolvit, LLC
Watch 2016 and 2017 Paths to Professionalism events
- Primo Custodio - Vice President, Human Resources, Operations and Technical Services (rt. 2016), NBCUniversal
- Cynthia Kiefer - President and founder, Zmatches.com
- Jim Howard - Managing partner and founder, Progression REI
- Susan Smuck, Human Resources Professional and Chair of Cal Lutheran Board of Regents
- Sabina Shaikh, V.P. Worldwide Strategic Alliances, Salesforce
- Sue Coakley, Marketing Leader, Acquisition & Retention, Symantec Corp.