About the School of Management
The School of Management at Cal Lutheran University is a scholarly community and private academic institution dedicated to producing graduates who are well prepared to succeed in their personal and professional lives — who think, communicate, lead, and follow with sustained excellence and who are guided by an active moral and ethical awareness.
Main features of our programs, which combine choice and flexibility with high quality, are:
- Undergraduate programs in business administration with multiple emphasis areas, accounting and economics.
- A variety of graduate programs including an MBA for Experienced Professionals, an MBA program with multiple professional tracks to choose from, an Online MBA program, an MBA in Financial Planning program, an MBA in Europe, a Master in Public Policy and Administration and Master of Science programs in Information Technology and in Quantitative Economics.
- Courses that combine practical relevance with academic rigor.
- Many of our courses are available in multiple formats – weekday, weeknight, or weekend courses on-campus at one of our four sites in Thousand Oaks, Westlake Village, Woodland Hills or Oxnard, or online.
- International study opportunities ranging from travel courses to traditional study abroad to short-term study opportunities in Europe for both undergraduates and graduate students.
- Instructors who are both academically qualified and experienced in industry.
- Extra-curricular activities including events such as our “Entrepreneur Speaker Series” or “Leadership Essentials” where students network with alums, or workshops such as “Getting a Job You Love” or "Molecules and Markets".
- Outstanding industry advisory boards that guide and advise the School leadership.
- Access to our alumni network and alumni activities such as the "Dinner with the Dean" series.
Western Association of School and Colleges (WASC)
California Lutheran University and its programs are accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
The Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
California Lutheran University School of Management is a candidate for accreditation by The Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
Association for Corporate Growth
California Lutheran University School of Business is a member of the ACG 101, one of the fastest-growing chapters of The Association for Corporate Growth, the premier international organization for professionals involved in corporate growth, corporate development and mergers and acquisitions. ACG 101 serves corporate executives and professionals in the West Valley-Ventura County-Santa Barbara areas.
Economic Development Collaborative Ventura County (EDC-VC)
Cal Lutheran School of Management is a member of The Economic Development Collaborative-Ventura County (EDC-VC), which is the business resource for companies of all sizes doing business in Ventura County. Established in 1996, EDC-VC promotes jobs and economic growth to maintain the county's economic vitality through key programs and services.
Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME)
California Lutheran University School of Business is a member of the Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME). This initiative is the first organized relationship between the United Nations and business schools, with the PRME Secretariat housed in the UN Global Compact Office. The mission of PRME is to inspire and champion responsible management education, research and thought leadership globally.
Ventura County Economic Development Association (VCEDA)
California Lutheran University School of Business is a member of the Ventura County Economic Development Association (VCEDA), the regional voice of business on issues affecting the economy in Ventura County and California. VCEDA is funded by membership dues and sponsorships. In return, VCEDA provides the advocacy, intelligence, networking and support necessary for success in today's business climate.
World Affairs Council of America (WACA), Central Coast
California Lutheran University School of Business is a member of the World Affairs Council of America (WACA), California Central Coast Chapter. The World Affairs Council of America is a national association with a half million members and participants from coast to coast who seek to create citizens who are well-informed in world affairs, to build international interests among young people, and to enhance international understanding.
International Institute of Forecasters (IIF)
Our MS in Quantitative Economics program has been designated as a certified forecaster program for forecasting by The International Institute of Forecasters (IIF). The IIF’s designation is based on criteria that ensure a broad and deep training in both the art and science of forecasting.
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards (CPF)
Our MBA and MS in Financial Planning programs are registered by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards.