Our MBA in Financial Planning degree requires students to successfully complete a program comprised of 15, three-credit hour courses (totaling 45 credits).
Want to earn your CFP®?
Take eight core financial planning courses along with seven business courses.
Already have your CFP®?
Take seven business courses along with eight financial planning courses of your choosing.
Core FP Courses
- Introduction to Financial Planning
- Tax Management & Strategy
- Employee Benefits and Retirement Planning
- Risk Management & Insurance
- Principles of Estate Planning
- Capstone Course in Financial Planning
- Financial Principles and Policies
- Investment & Portfolio Management
Advanced FP Courses
- Social Psychology of Leading Clients
- Psychological-Cultural Dynamics of Communication and Persuasion
- Financial Planning for Small and Family Businesses
- Advanced Estate Planning
- Retirement Income Planning
- Macroeconomics for Investments
- Behavioral Finance
- Business Law and Ethics
- Enterprise Management, Organization & Strategy
- Marketing Management
- Information Technology for Management
- Strategic Decision Making
The CFP® Board is a nonprofit professional regulatory organization that requires education,
ethics requirements, examination, and experience for CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER®
certificants. Along with completing the financial planning coursework and passing
the CFP® Certification Examination, the CFP® Board also requires successful CFP® certificants
to have financial planning-related work experience and adhere to their Code of Ethics
and Professional Responsibility.
The MBA and Certificate program in Financial Planning is registered by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. (CFP Board) in Washington DC. Candidates who plan to sit for the CFP Certification Examination must successfully complete a CFP Board-Registered Program.