Our MBA in Financial Planning degree requires students to successfully complete a program comprised of 15, three-credit hour courses (totaling 45 credits).
Want to earn your CFP®?
Take eight core financial planning courses along with seven business courses.
Already have your CFP®?
Take seven business courses along with eight financial planning courses of your choosing.
Core FP Courses
- Introduction to Financial Planning
- Tax Management & Strategy
- Employee Benefits and Retirement Planning
- Risk Management & Insurance
- Principles of Estate Planning
- Capstone Course in Financial Planning
- Financial Principles and Policies
- Investment & Portfolio Management
Advanced FP Courses
- Retirement Income Planning
- Psychological-Cultural Dynamics of Communication and Persuasion
- Social Psychology of Leading Clients
- Financial Planning for Small and Family Businesses
- Financial Counseling
- Applied Research in Financial Planning
- Macroeconomics for Investments
- Behavioral Finance
- Ethical Behaviors in Financial Planning
- Enterprise Management Organization & Strategy
- Marketing Management
- FinTech in Financial Planning
- Strategic Decision Making
The CFP® Board is a nonprofit professional regulatory organization that requires education,
ethics requirements, examination, and experience for CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER®
certificants. Along with completing the financial planning coursework and passing
the CFP® Certification Examination, the CFP® Board also requires successful CFP® certificants
to have financial planning-related work experience and adhere to their Code of Ethics
and Professional Responsibility.
The MBA and Certificate program in Financial Planning is registered by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. (CFP Board) in Washington DC. Candidates who plan to sit for the CFP Certification Examination must successfully complete a CFP Board-Registered Program.
The MBA and Certificate program in Financial Planning is registered by the AFCPE® Registered Education Program in Westerville, OH. Candidates who plan to sit for the AFC® Certification Examination must successfully complete a AFCPE® Registered Education Program.