Women in Film Summit
Join us for the first Women in Film Summit at Cal Lutheran. The two-day event features panel discussions that focus on the history and current state of women working in the entertainment industry.
The panels will be moderated by John Fitch III, associate professor and director of the Cal Lutheran Film and Television Program, and Caroline Heldman, executive director of The Representation Project at Occidental College.
Special guests and panelists:
- Val Cheung, vice president of production at Shondaland
- Munika Lay, film producer and co-founder of the Center for Intersectional Media and Entertainment
- Beth Mickle, production designer for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
- Christina Lee, producer, writer and showrunner at Warner Bros. Television
- Patricia Velasquez, actress (The Mummy, The L-Word) and activist
- Naomi Beaty, screenwriter
- Shannon Swanson, production coordinator (Everything Everywhere All at Once)
Featured media scholars:
- Caroline Heldman, executive director of The Representation Project, Occidental College
- Kathleen Tarr, Stanford University, and author of Bias and the Business of Show: Employment Discrimination in the "Entertainment" Industry
The summit will be held in Richter Hall in the Ahmanson Science Building on our Thousand Oaks campus.
A reception with light refreshments begins at 5:30 p.m. and the program begins at 6 p.m. and ends at 8 p.m.
Sponsored ByCal Lutheran Film and Television Department and the Sarah W. Heath Center for Equality and Justice