Certificate in Global Supply Chain Management
The Certificate in GSCM is an affordable option for domestic and international candidates who need to gain or upgrade their supply chain management skills to meet current market demands as well as prepare for the American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS) certification.
This Certificate program is suitable for those students who have obtained a Bachelor’s degree and are interested in managing or working in various aspects of the global supply chain.
The program will prepare students to optimize and support the business, as well as
design innovative operating models and cost reduction strategies.
- A completed application form and non-refundable application fee
- Evidence of an interview with an admission counselor
- Official transcripts showing a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution. Normally, a grade point average of approximately 3.0 or higher in upper division undergraduate work is expected
By completing the certificate program in GSCM, students develop a deep understanding of the following:
- The methods used to design and operate supply chains in modern organizations
- How to manage assets strategically in order to gain or sustain competitive advantage and business value
- SCM management principles, tools, and techniques
- Strategic management of operations and assets as well as their role in organizations
Program Completion Time
This certificate is based on a sequence of 4 three-unit graduate courses for a total of 12 units, which would require enrollment for at least two terms. Courses are based on 11-week term schedules that run in Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer. This completion time does not account for any pre-requisite courses a student may need if they do not possess the appropriate background.
- An undergraduate degree in business or related fields. Other backgrounds will be considered, based on their career interests and work experience.
- Prerequisite courses are available to those students who do not have a business background
but would like to transition towards a career in SCM:
- MBA 505 Enterprise, Management, Organization and Strategy
The curriculum consists of four courses in total. The following is a required course:
- MBA 504: Fundamentals of Global Supply Chain Management
This course must be taken first in the certificate program. Students will also choose three electives from the choices below:
- MBA 580: Global Strategic Sourcing
- MBA 581: Managing Global Production and Operations
- MBA 582: Total Quality and Service Management
- MBA 583: Logistics and International Trade
- MBA 584: Supply Chain Strategies including Planning and Network Analysis
Tuition & Fees
|Tuition||Alumni: $410 per credit
Non-Alumni: $505 per credit
|Technology Fee||$55 per term
$275 maximum per academic year
|Application Fee||$25 online
|Late Registration Fee
for registration submitted after the add/drop deadline
|Late Transaction Fee
for employer reimbursement applications
received after the second week of the semester
|Transcript Fee||$5.00 minimum
Additional fees may apply, refer to the Registrar's site
All fees are subject to change without notice. The University reserves the right to change, delete or add to this pricing schedule as deemed appropriate. Transcripts and diploma will not be released for any student who has an outstanding balance owed to Cal Lutheran.